Set on an expansive parcel of land this wonderful 4-bedroom family home backing onto a nature reserve is just a short stroll from the popular Spence shops while offering the serenity of Australian country living. Built in 1975, the original homestead has been extensively renovated over the years.
As you enter the home you are greeted by an open plan kitchen and dining area. The custom-built kitchen features Tasmanian Blackwood benchtops, quality stainless steel appliances and gas cooking. This opens onto a large outdoor entertaining alfresco with views of the spectacular gardens.
Accommodation is 4 sizable bedrooms with built-in robes to two bedrooms. The master bedroom features a large walk in robe and ensuite
The large living room includes an open fireplace for cosy fireside evenings during those chilly Canberra winters.
But it is the garden that is the jewel of this property. Garden enthusiasts will recognise the trademark design elements of the legendary Edna Walling, in who's memory this garden has been created. Trees of all sizes and colours, from towering gums to gorgeous flowering crab-apples and Japanese maples, were strategically planted many years ago to provide shade in summer and sunlight in winter. Flowering trees and shrubs are underplanted with bulbs and perennials so that there is a constantly changing vista from both indoor and outdoor living areas.
A picturesque wooden bridge separates the main garden from the service area, containing the clothesline, garden shed and a spacious chicken run.
Within close proximity to arterial roads, local schools and shops this wonderful property provides an incredible lifestyle opportunity for you and your family.
• 4-bedroom family home
• Large main bedroom with walk-in robe and ensuite
• Recently renovated bathrooms
• Dedicated home office
• Custom-built country style kitchen
• Quality stainless steel appliances less than 2 years old
• Separate living room with slate flooring
• Open fireplace in living room
• Fully fenced with Colourbond fencing - chainmesh on north side=
• RZ2 zoning for potential development upside (STCA)
• Perfect orientation
• Quiet street backing onto nature reserve
• Rural views from many north facing windows
• 5-minute walk to local shopping centre
• Level block
• Established low maintenance garden
• 28 mature trees - some over 10m
• Solar hot water
• Gas central heating
• In-house intruder alarm system
• RZ2 zoning
• Block: 24
• Section: 25
• UCV: $324,000
• Rates: $2356 per annum
• Land tax: $3,119 (if rented out)
• Block size: 1294m2
• Internal living: 175m2
• Outdoor alfresco: 42m2
• EER: 2.5
• Rental Estimate: $650 $680 per week
• NBN connected
• Double carport